I often find myself at a cross-roads but none as complex and as gut tearing as this. In my heart I say courgette, but to be understood in Australia, I have to say Zucchini. Until today, I had no idea that Zucchini had an 'H'. Anyway, this simple recipe is marvellous for camping - nutritious, simple, no mess and most of all delicious.
The Recipe (makes 6)
- 2 large Courgettes / Zucchini's
- 3 eggs
- A waft of flour
- A nob of butter
- A slug of olive oil
- A sprinkle of curry powder
- Salt & pepper
- 2 rashers of bacon
- Feta cheese
- Your favourite chutney
- Finely slice the courgette into strips/ or use a swirl slicer and place in a bowl
- Add the eggs, flour, olive oil, butter, salt & pepper and curry powder - get your hands in and mix until it is a soggy mess
- Warm a frying pan on a medium heat - it must be hot enough to turn the fritters golden, but not so hot that you only cook the outside.
- Spoon your mix into fritter size portions in the pan
- Add your rashers of bacon
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Plate up with your feta cheese, bacon and chutney.
- Tuck in!