One of Australia's best-kept secrets, Pumpkin Island is nestled in the Southern Great Barrier Reef’s Keppel Group of islands 14 kilometres off the coast of Yeppoon.
Our top adventure ideas:
- Off beach snorkelling
- Kayak or SUP around the island
- Bushwalking and birdwatching around the island
- Spoil yourself with a helicopter transfer to the island!
Best time to visit Queensland
Beautiful year-round, with the average temperature being 25°C. Average Water Temperature: 20°C (July) - 29°C (January)
Our Price guide:
As a rough guide,
from $3620 per couple
Includes transfers from the airport, accommodation and all food.
Kids under 16 stay free (food and transfers extra). Please enquire for a more accurate quote. Discounts for 5+ days apply.
Queensland islands - the natural environment
This hidden gem- just six hectares in total, provides a fantastic opportunity to experience wildlife in and outside the water. Depending on the season, dolphins, turtles, and whale sightings are to be expected. Walk along the island & Little Pumpkin (joins main Pumpkin during a low-tide) to various lookout points. Spot the Nankeen Kestrel hunting lizards, the Ospreys diving for their lunch. Three walks on nearby North Keppel Island, with optional return segments, allow you to discover the island's diverse plant communities, wildlife and spectacular views of Keppel Bay and surrounding islands.
There is so much to do on this little island treasure. The wildlife will delight you; see dolphins, turtles and whales in season. Fish the rich waters, snorkel or experience the coral reefs from a glass bottom kayak or stand up paddle board, harvest your own oysters off the rocks or simply wander the secluded beaches.
- Worlds End Canyon: Rappel into ancient caves- This great for the whole family (from age 8)
- Cradle Mountain Summit: An amazing challenge, with great reward!
- Take a scenic flight: There's nothing like seeing all this natural beauty from above.
- There's nothing more important than packing some comfortable walking shoes for this trip. There are endless opportunities to discover natural beauty in one of the many national parks in the area, we'll provide all the walking notes!
How to get to this Queensland paradise
Fly to Rockhampton Airport (transfers from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane). We organise a transfer to Yeppoon's Keppel Bay Marina (45 minutes from the airpot) from which you will be ferried to Pumpkin Island.
Direct helicopter transfers from Rockhampton airport can also be organised upon request.
The ferry departs very Monday, Friday and Sunday for individual room bookings, or on any day if you are reserving the whole island