Tasmania - Rugged wilderness, untamed coastlines and more than 40% protected as World Heritage Area, national parks and reserves. Easily one of the best adventure holiday destinations in Australia. Here are our top things to do in Tasmania.
Top things to do in Tasmania:
- Cradle Mountain Summit Walk
- Mole Creek Caves
- Scenic flight over Dove Lake
- Visit the special sites around Hobart
- Enjoy the amazing local hospitality, produce and salmon!
Best time to visit Tasmania
Tasmania is beautiful year-round. The average maximum daily summer temperatures sit between 17 and 23 degrees Celsius and winter daily temperatures between 3 and 11 degrees Celsius, making it perfect for trekking all year.
Our Price guide:
4 day trip from Launceston for 2 people including canyoning, scenic flights, walking notes and accommodation:
2 people from $1990
Tasmania's natural environment
Tasmania's vegetation is remarkable and includes some of the most ancient plant species on Earth. Tasmania's separation from the mainland, diverse landscape and temperate climate has resulted in many species of plant and animal life prospering here, and much of it's flora being unique to the area. Tasmania has one of the largest varieties of marsupials in Australia and bird life thrives here.
The landscape is hugely diverse, with unforgiving bluffs lining the coast, while beautiful mountains sweep through national parks. National parks and reserves allow for endless opportunities for exploration, be it on water, in canyons or upon mountain tops.
Tasmania Adventure Tour
Tasmania is the perfect place to completely immerse yourself in nature, and adventure activities are endless! Tasmania is often overlooked by overseas visitors, but we guarantee that this island provides some of the best adventures in Australia. Spend your time relaxing and breathing the fresh air, or take part in some serious adventure, here are some of our favourites:
- Worlds End Canyon: Rappel into ancient caves- This great for the whole family (from age 8)
- Cradle Mountain Summit: An amazing challenge, with great reward!
- Take a scenic flight: There's nothing like seeing all this natural beauty from above.
- There's nothing more important than packing some comfortable walking shoes for this trip. There are endless opportunities to discover natural beauty in one of the many national parks in the area, we'll provide all the walking notes!
How to get to Tasmania
There are many ways to get to Tassie, you can fly into Launceston or Hobart from all major cities around Australia. We recommend hoping on the great Spirit of Tasmania from Melbourne, the perfect way to start your adventure holiday!