Tropical North Queensland - If you are looking to head to the tropics but are wishing to do so a little differently, head to this untamed part of the wet tropics world heritage area.
Our top adventure ideas:
- Swimming at one of the many rainforest water-holes - *Swim only where safe to do so and follow all warning signs.
- Learn more about the culture of the First People of Australia at Mossman Gorge
- Camp and hike in the Wooroonooran National Park
- Snorkel or dive at the Great Barrier Reef
- Whitewater Rafting on the North Johnstone River
Best time to visit Tropical North Queensland
All year, though heat and humidity are a major factor during the summer months between November - March.
Our price guide:
Pricing varies depending on travel needs and what would you like to experience.
Tropical North Queensland - the natural environment
The Wet Tropics World Heritage Area consists of mountains, gorges, creeks, swimming holes and the oldest rainforest on the planet. Escaping the tourist routes, provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in natural wonder and truly escape from the urban world.
Diverse and unique flora and fauna include the upland rainforests, birds, platypus and of course, in parts the famous salt salt water crocodile.
The Tropical North is a rapidly developing tourism mecca which provides for luxury accommodation, great food and fantastic opportunities to adventure with the kids. Don't forget to head a little further north to visit the Great Barrier Reef.
Tropical North Queensland adventures
North Queensland is now a mecca for family friendly adventures which include rafting, canyoning, zip-lining and water sports. If you are wishing to venture a little further off track, the best way to do this is on foot. Here are our favourite aspects of this wonderful part of Australia.
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of the oldest rainforest network in the world, the Daintree Forest.
- Venture whitewater rafting on the North Johnstone River
- Head snorkelling at The Great Barrier Reef
- Visit the highest mountains in Queensland at Wooroonooran National Park
- Learn more about Aboriginal Culture at one of the many centres.
- Spend the day the nature in nature, whilst enjoying great accommodation and great food.
How to get to Tropical North Queensland
Cairns is a great place to start your adventure with flights arriving from all major cities.